Undergraduate Administrative Coordinators
The Center for Teaching and Learning hires Undergraduate Administrative Coordinators to support the Peer Learning Consultant Program. Administrative Coordinators report to the Associate Director of Student Learning Programs and are responsible for managing the logistics for academic programming, events, workshops, and peer academic coaching sessions. The majority of the work is done in the Lathrop Learning Hub, although work hours are flexible. Some work can be done remotely. Only active Stanford undergraduate students are eligible to apply. Graduate students, professional students and co-term students are not eligible.
Undergraduate Administrative Coordinators start at $15.70/hour and the job requires you to be available 5 to 8 hours per week for Autumn, Winter, and Spring quarters (with the exception of holiday breaks). The position could be extended through summer quarter, depending on your availability. Work hours can be arranged to fit your schedule.
To be fully informed about the position and the responsibilities of an Undergraduate Administrative Coordinator, we advise you to read all of the information below before submitting an application.
- Managing an email inbox and responding to student questions about CTL events
- Creating online events through Eventbrite and managing student registrations
- Placing and receiving online orders for events
- Filing reimbursements for program purchases
- Managing a stock room and supplies (when in-person)
- Scheduling Peer Learning Consultant Program meetings
- Establishing positive relationships with campus partners
- Maintaining a database of campus contacts who support Stanford students
- Managing a weekly academic skills newsletter
- Curating and managing academic skills mailing lists
- Other tasks as needed to support the Peer Learning Consultant Program, including a variety of special projects currently in development
To be a competitive applicant, you must:
- Be a current undergraduate student and eligible to work in the United States
- Be responsible, reliable, and detail-oriented
- Be a consistent communicator; you should be available via Slack and responsive to most messages within 6 hours
- Have excellent collaboration and teamwork skills
- Be able to work with minimal supervision
- Be willing to contribute to unexpected projects and tasks as requested
- Be comfortable working with Outlook, Google Drive, Slack, and Eventbrite (or at least have a working knowledge of some of these apps and a willingness to learn)
1. Application: Complete the online application (which includes submitting a short statement and CV/resume).
2. Interviews: Qualified candidates will be contacted to participate in a half-hour interview with the Associate Director and Peer Learning Consultants.
3. Admission: Successful candidates will be informed before the end of the spring quarter and must attend a welcome dinner to meet the team.
What you'll gain:
You will gain insight into the philosophy, approaches, and tools to support student learning at Stanford. You will develop skills in project management, communication, and administration. You will work closely with our 19 Peer Learning Consultants, including Knight-Hennessy Scholars, Fulbright Scholars, Forbes 30 under 30 honorees, medical students, PhD students, and undergraduate students from diverse backgrounds. You will also contribute your valuable experience and perspective as an undergraduate student at Stanford.
Applications for Undergraduate Administrative Coordinators are currently CLOSED. Applications will open again Spring Quarter 2021.